HOW IT HAPPENED
Jan 19th -
-The physical play of the Pilots looked to give them a slight advantage in the first quarter of play as the jumped out ahead of the Lady Lions.
-The Lady Lions were down 14 to 19 at the end of the first.
-As the Lady Lions adjusted they began to climb back into the game.
-The Lady Lions went into halftime down by 1 point 30 to 31.
-In the 3rd quarter both teams looked to push the pace of the game almost doubling their scores from the first half.
-The Lady Lions found themselves down 8 going into the 4th quarter 60 to 52.
-The Lady Lions looked for one final push but were not able to overcome the deficit and the solid shooting effort of the Pilots.
-Final Score: Lady Lions 71 Pilots 78
Jan 20th –
-Coming back the next day the Lady Lions looked to get revenge on the Pilots after their previous 7point loss.
-The 1st quarter looked as though it the game would be a hard fought one again as the two teams battled back and forth in the first.
-18 to 18 at the end of the 1st quarter.
-The 2nd quarter the Lady Lions were able to make a run allowing them to go into halftime with a small lead.
- Lions with a narrow lead of 4 points at the end of the half 37 to 33.
-The 3rd quarter proved to be the same story as the Lions kept their small lead.
-Going into the 4th quarter the score reads 58 to 51 in favor of the Lions.
-Providence tries to make a run however the Lady Lions are able to hole them of winning the game by double figures.
-The Lady Lions beat the PUC Pilots 78 to 65
Jan 19th -
- The Lady Lions shot 43 percent from the field (28/64), 0 percent on 3's (0/11) and 71 percent on FT's (15/21).
- PUC shot 42 percent from the field (32/76), 36 percent on 3's (8/22) and 75 percent on FT's (6/8).
-Logan and Steinheuser also led the Lions in rebounding with 8 a piece.
- The Lady Lions shot 36 percent from the field (24/66), 35 percent on 3's (6/17) and 80 percent on FT's (24/30).
- PUC shot 28 percent from the field (25/88), 24 percent on 3's (6/25) and 64 percent on FT's (9/14).
-Both were able to add a double-double to the effort as well.
-Logan: 38 points, 13 rebounds, 8 assists.
-Shaylyn Steinheuser: 25 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists.
-Brynn Crockett adds nine rebounds.
Trinity Bible College Current Record: 12-5