HOW IT HAPPENED
The Lions headed to Iowa for their first road game of the season as they matched up against the Waldorf University Warriors. Both teams lost their opening games of the season and were looking to get in to the win column.
It was a quiet 1st quarter as both teams' offenses had trouble hanging on to the ball and fumbled the ball back and forth to each other.
The Warriors finally found the end zone with 2:50 left in the quarter on a 2 yard rush from Steven Ray.
The Warriors led after the 1st quarter 7 to 0.
The 2nd quarter was all Warriors as they would add 3 more touchdowns to their lead. Two touchdowns on the ground and one passing touchdown.
Spires took a 26 to 0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Warriors added a 4 yard touchdown run, a safety and a 19 yard touchdown pass.
The Lions fell 42 to 0 to the Warriors.
- The Lions ran 39 plays for 23 yards of total offense.
- The Warriors ran 82 plays for 432 yards of total offense.
- The Lions had 34 yards passing and only -11 yards rushing.
- Trinity converted 2-10 third down tries and Warriors were 7-12 on third downs.
- Robert O'Neil went 5 for 7 for 15 yards and M.J. Ybarra went 1 for 11 for 19 yards for the Lions passing attack.
- Jeremy Hill had 9 carries for 21 yards.
- Omel Francois had 3 catches for 21 yards.
- Clint Stout led the Lions with 17 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble and 2 fumble recoveries.
- Michael Cade-Carter pitched in 16 total tackles for the Lions with 2 tackles for loss.
Trinity Bible College Current Record: 0-2
Warriors Current Record: 1-1